Village Minister, Development of Underdeveloped Area and Transmigration, Eko Putro Sandjojo said that Rp60 Trillion in 2017 managed to absorb 98.47 percent. This again increased from the previous year which absorbed 97 percent of Rp46, 98 Trillion.
“In 2015 the president provided Rp20.67 trillion in village funding, only 82 percent of which could be absorbed, and increased by 97 percent in 2016. Last year, although the system was tightened by the Ministry of Finance, it could rise to 98.47 percent,” he said when he became a keynote speakers at Gathering 15 years Proven Force Indonesia (PFI) at Balai Kartini Jakarta, Thursday (11/1).
He said the absorption that has not reached one hundred percent is due to the lack of funds village funds in the districts of Merauke and Ambon. This is because the first phase of the village funding report in the two districts has not met 90 percent, so the second phase of village funds can not be channeled.
“Because it is now tightened by the Ministry of Finance, if the phase I report is not completed, it can not be lowered by the second phase of village funds, in Merauke and Ambon not 90 percent so it is not liquid,” he said before the media crew.
He continued, the amount of budget funds for the village in 2018 is still the same as the previous year which is Rp 60 Trillion. However, if the formula for the amount of village funds used last year is 90:10, 90 percent is divided equally to all villages and the remaining 10 percent is divided according to village conditions, then in 2018 the formula used is 80:20 ie 80 percent villages and the remaining 20 percent are distributed according to village conditions. In addition, the number of villages this year also increased from last year as many as 74,910 villages became.74.954 villages.
“So later in the very disadvantaged village that last year could (village funds) up to Rp1, 5 billion, now can be up to Rp2, 5 billion,” he said.
He continued, the village fund this year also has a cash for work program by utilizing 30 percent of village funds to pay the village fund project wage. The workers from the village fund project are local villagers.
“With this program we can create 5 million jobs (jobs),” he said.
He said the village funds that have been running in the last three years are able to contribute to the decline of stunting in Indonesia by 10 percent, from 37 percent to 27 percent. According to him the decline in stunting rate is very important considering the need to improve the quality of the workforce is needed.
“Based on the research of Gajah Mada (University of Gajah Mada), in 2016 we succeeded in lifting as many as 10,000 disadvantaged villages.According to the National Medium Term Plan (RPJMN) we are required to raise 5,000 disadvantaged villages to grow, meaning that targets are exceeded. many more disadvantaged villages are being lifted, “he said